Thursday, April 3, 2014

Juicing for Kids



Juicing for kids
Out of my three daughters I have one who eats nothing.....literally nothing. She is a nibbler, and if you can get her to try something she takes one nibble and then that's it. I have stressed myself over the fact that she won't grow and that she will wither away, but toddlers are surprising and they grow like weeds. 
Beet Juice
 I have given up on milk...any for that matter. We have tried soy, almond, goat, regular and even chocolate! None of it will go down. But alas! she WILL drink ANY juice put in front of her, even if it's green! I actually think she likes the odd colors I give her, because if it didn't have a color then it would be water and that is a NO, NO! 
Juicing for kids
ABC Juice!
Here are 3 AMAZING juices that are toddler tested, but also yummy for adults!

Leo's Green Juice
2 stalk of Kale
1 large Carrot
2 small apples

ABC Juice
2 small apples
1 beet
1 large carrot

Grassy Lemonade
2 stalk of Kale
2 small apples
1/2 lemon zest and pith removed

Kale is high in vitamins A,C and a good source of calcium! Use it everywhere you can!
Juicing for kids
My Leo drinking her Green Juice

Tips
**Remove the course stalk on the Kale!
**I use organic vegetables and fruits in my juices.
**Best when consumed immediately, do not make extra to     store, as separation occurs and tastes fairly off.
**I have a Breville Elite Juicer. I have tried a blender and I have never been able to get a smooth consistency.
**Wedging apples to get rid of the seeds is best. The seeds are what contain cyanide. Grinding them up in a juice would not be good.

Love and Tulips,
Nicole from Alpharetta

No comments:

Post a Comment